Consecrated to the Virgin since 1096, the vastest church in the department, the cathedral
permits a survey of the the major architectural styles from the romane period to
the Renaissance period. It possesses magnificent stained-glass windows, made between
the 13th an 16th centuries. The iron gates of the choir, works of master ironsmith
Jacques de la Haye, the 17th century pulpit, from the Bec Hellouin Abbey, and the
Treasure are all to be admired. Quite damaged in 1940 , the Cathedral's restoration
was only completed in 1973 at which time a golden rooster was placed at the top of
the new spire.
Rue Charles Corbeau, open all year long from 8 to 12 am and 2 to 7 pm. Masses during
the week at 9 am and 6.30 pm, saturday 10 am and sunday 6.15 pm.
Engraving CH Nodier, J. Taylor et Alph de Cailleux 1820